On the 14th of May the Council Conclusions on increasing the Impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change were adopted.
- A clear commitment towards eradicating poverty
- Two pillars of EU development Aid: The promotion of human rights, democracy, the rule of law, good governance and inclusive/sustainable growth
- Mentions a rights-based approach, promoting in particular the right to universal and non-discriminatory access to basic services, with a focus on poor and vulnerable groups.
- The need for significant progress on gender equality,
- support and promote civil society in partner countries,Support to social inclusion and human development: at least 20% of EU aid
- Increased focus: EU bilateral development cooperation will be concentrated in a maximum of three sectors per partner country
- Increased collaboration and coordination with Member States to reduce aid fragmentation
As you can see from the above- there are many positive elements however there is no clear reference to health or Family Planning.
You can find the full text here: http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_Data/docs/pressdata/EN/foraff/130243.pdf